Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer
It’s easy to think that a car accident is something that happens to someone else—until it happens to you.
Car accidents and collisions can happen anywhere, at any time. In Pittsburgh, busy city traffic, congested roadways, hazardous road conditions, negligent drivers, and the weather all set the stage for accidents and collisions that can cause severe injuries and fatalities.
A car accident is both a medical and legal emergency. Many accident victims don’t realize they should call an experienced car accident attorney immediately following an accident, which often leads to inadequate insurance company settlements that add insult to injuries. To ensure you receive fair compensation, you need an experienced attorney on your side as soon as possible, so you’re not left footing the bill for a collision that wasn’t your fault.
Your first step after seeking immediate medical attention should be to call the car accident lawyers at Hal Waldman & Associates. We have decades of experience and we are committed to advocating vigorously on your behalf whether you’re a driver, passenger, or a pedestrian.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Protect Yourself Before & After a Car Accident
- Car Accident Injuries that Could Warrant Compensation
- Do I Really Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
- Protecting Yourself as an Injured Passenger
Protect Yourself Before & After a Car Accident
Before an accident ever occurs, a little preparation ahead of time can make all the difference.
- Store emergency flares or warning triangles in your trunk. At the time of an accident and only if you’re able, you can place these around the scene to alert oncoming traffic and prevent the accident from getting worse.
- Make sure any important medical information is readily accessible in your wallet or glove compartment. Note if you or a frequent passenger suffer from chronic or life-threatening conditions or have allergies to certain medications.
- Keep the names and numbers of your immediate family members, your physician, and your car accident attorney readily available in your mobile phone contacts or stored safely in your vehicle.
After an accident, you’ll likely feel shock, fear, anger and a range of other emotions. The most important thing you can do is try to remain calm so you can focus on performing critical tasks with a clear head.
- Take a deep breath to calm yourself and check yourself and all passengers for injuries. Dial 911 if anyone needs emergency assistance.
- If you’re able, move cars away from traffic, turn on your hazard lights and set out emergency flares or warning triangles.
- Call the police if you didn’t call 911 earlier.
- Immediately contact your insurance agent and our car accident lawyers.
- Don’t admit any fault, and don’t admit to doing anything that could have contributed to the accident.
- Don’t sign anything unless asked to by the attending law enforcement officers.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Take photos with your cell phone camera and make notes of anything you think might help your case.
Car Accident Injuries That Could Warrant Compensation
Car accidents can cause a number of injuries, and some that may not be immediately evident. No matter how minor your accident was it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible to rule out any injuries. Car accidents can cause minor to severe personal injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Head injury / traumatic brain injury
- Immediate or after-the-fact death
At Hal Waldman & Associates, our lawyers are also sensitive to the plight of people injured as a result of the negligence of other motorists under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Hal Waldman is a member of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) and works to stay up-to-date on legal developments concerning drunk-driving accidents.
Do I Really Need A Car Accident lawyer?
Yes. When the unthinkable becomes a reality, a trusted and experienced attorney can help you recover what you’re owed. At Hal Waldman & Associates, we know how to handle your case, especially when dealing with insurance adjusters and those who are trying to diminish your injuries. Our attorneys are here to help you through this difficult time emotionally, physically, and financially by guiding you through complicated processes and recovering the most compensation possible for injuries and any pain and suffering you’ve endured.
We have a proven record of success in obtaining settlements for clients well into the multi-millions. We are dedicated attorneys known for our drive to make sure you receive every cent of compensation you deserve for your injuries—and the lasting impact they will have on your quality of life physically, financially, and mentally.
Whether your accident involved another car, a school bus, a Pittsburgh city bus, a commuter train or a delivery truck, our attorneys have extensive experience with these and a wide range of other motor vehicle accident scenarios.
Protecting Yourself As An Injured Passenger
Passengers can sometimes suffer the most severely in automobile accidents, ranging from whiplash to catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. When an accident involves a friend or family member who was driving, these claims can be personally difficult, and many victims are reluctant to pursue compensation. It is important to remember that when you are a passenger seeking damages, you are not filing a claim against the individual driver, but rather their and your insurance carriers to ensure you are fully and appropriately compensated for your injuries.
Once your injuries have been evaluated and treated by a medical professional, call our Pittsburgh car accident attorneys to talk about your options for recovering compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Long-term care
- Loss of quality of life
We understand the sensitive nature of these cases and know that they can be difficult for families. Our car accident attorneys will handle your claim discreetly, compassionately, and effectively.
Our attorneys have handled cases where passengers were injured in the following scenarios:
- Car accidents and collisions
- Teenage driver car collisions
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk driving accidents
- Injuries to children
- Backseat accident victims
- Bus accident injuries
- Taxi cab injuries
- Insurance claims
- And more
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, call the lawyers at Hal Waldman & Associates for a free car accident consultation. Schedule your free consultation online or call us at (412) 338-1000.