Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyers You Can Count On
After a crash, put decades of experience to work for you
We understand the stakes are high after a serious crash in Western Pennsylvania. We know that your car accident injuries can have a negative effect on your future. That’s why at Hal Waldman & Associates, our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers are determined to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We’re on your side every step of the way.
Insurance companies aim to settle car accidents for minimal amounts, but we know how to fight back. Our car accident attorneys consistently support injured victims and their families. We've confronted negligent drivers and insurance firms for decades, pursuing justice and fair compensation. We know the insurance companies’ tactics, and we know how to fight back.
If you were injured or a loved one died in a fatal car accident, contact us for a free case evaluation. At no cost to you, a member of our team can listen to the details of what happened, answer your questions, and explain your legal options for car accident compensation.
Types of car accidents we handle
Whether your accident happened on the Parkway, I-279, Route 28, city streets, backroads, or somewhere else, the Pittsburgh car accident attorneys at Hal Waldman & Associates have experience successfully handling all types of car accident claims throughout Pennsylvania. Our case results include $1.1 million for a mother and son hit by a truck that ran a red light and $800,000 for a woman hit by a drunk driver.
Our law firm serves families in Pittsburgh and throughout Western Pennsylvania. Some of the most common types of car accident claims we handle include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Distracted driver (texting and driving) crashes
- Speeding accidents
- Pedestrian collisions
- Fatigued driver crashes
- Rollover accidents
- T-bone collisions, sideswipes, side-impact accidents
- Impaired and drunk driver accidents
- Multi-vehicle pileups
Car accidents can lead to various injuries, from whiplash and concussions to broken bones and fractures. The expense of medically treating and recovering from these injuries is often immense – easily totaling thousands of dollars. The accident isn’t your fault. You shouldn’t have to pay for it. We can help you hold negligent drivers and liable parties accountable for the justice and compensation you deserve.
When to hire a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer
If you were injured in a car accident, it's a good time to talk to a lawyer. Studies show that people who consult attorneys, on average, collect more than those who do not. This is true even after the lawyer is paid. In the Pittsburgh area, injured car accident victims and their loved ones call our lawyers for help with:
- Filing car accident injury claims. We calculate the highest compensation package and negotiate aggressively for top results.
- Fighting back when the insurance company blames the victim. In Pennsylvania, the more blame for an accident the insurance company can pin on the victim, the less they have to pay.
- Negotiating settlements for maximum compensation. The team at Hal Waldman & Associates is familiar with all the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to lowball settlements, as well as how to beat them. We are skilled at effectively demanding more for your injuries.
- Filing multiple claims. Insurance law can get complicated, and you may end up with multiple claims for a single crash where different insurance companies handle your medical bills, bodily injury, lost wages, and property damage.
- Reviewing denied car accident claims. When you’re recovering from an injury, having a claim denied can feel like the end of the world. It’s our job to represent your best interests, and we will fight tooth and nail if this circumstance arises.
- Filing lawsuits. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement agreement, you will need an attorney to represent you. Some attorneys don’t like to litigate claims. The determined car accident attorneys at Hal Waldman & Associates are always prepared for trial.
"I highly recommend Thomas D. Berret. Not only is he knowledgeable, he is an absolute gentleman. He represented my parents (who are immigrants and have somewhat of a language barrier) with the utmost respect. He took his time with lengthy phone calls to get the details he needed to represent my parents to the fullest. My family and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the professionalism Mr. Berret showed during our lengthy and frustrating legal issue. Thanks to Mr. Berret we got much more than we could’ve imagined. If you or someone you love was in a car accident and are fighting greedy insurance companies, this is the man for you. He’s a First class attorney that cares." - J.A.
What does a car accident attorney do?
The role of a car accident lawyer is to establish liability and fight for your rightful compensation. Insurance companies often resist, aiming to deny claims and provide lowball settlements. Severe injuries are common, even in seemingly minor accidents, such as head injuries, nerve damage, bone fractures, and burns. Catastrophic outcomes, like loss of limbs or spinal cord injuries, can occur.
Obtaining legal support puts you in the best position to secure maximum compensation for medical care, lost wages, and more. Depending on circumstances, compensation can extend to pain and suffering, diminished earnings, loss of enjoyment, or funeral expenses.
Here are just a few of the things that the attorneys at Hal Waldman & Associates typically do to get top results for our clients:
- Investigate the crash. We work to identify responsible parties and resolve any dispute about liability. This could include visiting the crash site, reviewing the police report, conducting witness interviews, and reconstructing the crash.
- Collect evidence. Video of an accident captured by a nearby traffic or surveillance camera can be invaluable in supporting an injury claim. We take fast action to identify and protect video before it is destroyed.
- Communicate with the insurance companies. When you work with us, we will keep track of who should be paying you for each category of damages, ranging from medical bills and lost wages to property damage. They will keep your claim moving forward while you focus on getting better.
- Demand more for your injuries. When calculating settlements, we consider past, current, and future costs as well as how the injuries impact your everyday life. There is no guaranteed outcome, but we can guarantee we will fight for you.
Hal Waldman & Associates fights for crash victims
At Hal Waldman & Associates, we refuse to settle for less. Don't let cost deter you from contacting us; our experienced attorneys work on contingency. That means there are no upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs. Our payment is a percentage of the final compensation. If we don't win, you don't pay.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a car accident in the Pittsburgh area or another Western Pennsylvania community, contact us for a free case evaluation today. A member of our team is available to hear from you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can give you the information you need and help you decide what to do next. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by contacting Hal Waldman & Associates now.