Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting for Injured Bikers
We stand up for injured motorcyclists and their families
Used for both recreation and daily transportation, motorcycles are a common sight on rural and city streets alike in the greater Pittsburgh area. Pennsylvania is in the top 20 states with the largest population of motorcycle riders – and is also among those with the largest number of motorcycle accident fatalities.
Injured motorcycle accident victims are entitled to seek financial compensation after a crash. Likewise, family members of bikers killed in fatal accidents are entitled to seek justice through a wrongful death lawsuit. The best way to fight for the compensation you need is with an aggressive Pittsburgh motorcycle accident lawyer on your side.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle or bike accident, contact the Pittsburgh motorcycle accident attorneys at Hal Waldman & Associates for a free case evaluation. A member of our team can listen to the details of what happened, answer questions, and explain your legal options.
Types of motorcycle accident claims we handle
Bikers are highly vulnerable on the road because they lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle. Common types of Pennsylvania motorcycle accident claims we handle include:
- Left-turn motorcycle crashes
- Rear-end motorcycle accidents and head-on collisions
- Intersection motorcycle accidents
- Open-door motorcycle collisions (Dooring)
- Side-swipe motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle rollovers
- Run-off-road accidents
Why do motorcycle accidents happen?
The leading cause of motorcycle accidents is other drivers. Here are some of the most common actions and factors contributing to serious motorcycle accidents:
- Driver failing to yield to a motorcycle's right of way. When a driver fails to yield the right of way to a motorcycle at intersections, merge points, or when making turns, they disrupt the flow of traffic and create a hazardous situation. This failure to yield can lead to a collision with an approaching or passing motorcycle with the lawful right of way.
- Distracted driver. When a driver is focused on things other than the road – like texting, using GPS, searching for an item in the car, eating, etc. - it is more likely that they will miss critical visual and auditory cues of a nearby motorcycle, resulting in a crash.
- Speeding. A driver exceeding the speed limit or driving at an unsafe speed may have limited ability to control their vehicle. If a driver fails to notice a motorcycle in their path or misjudges its speed, they may be unable to brake or maneuver in time to avoid a collision.
- Drunk drivers. A driver operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol experiences impaired judgment, reduced coordination, and slower reaction times.
Unfortunately, many people are biased against bikers. They think all motorcyclists are irresponsible thrill-seekers, even though most are actually safe, responsible operators. The insurance companies are happy to take advantage of that bias to reduce or deny your claim. We fight back.
Whether you’re a bike rider hurt because someone cut you off, failed to give you the right of way, didn't see you at all, or some other excuse, our Pittsburgh motorcycle accident lawyers will fight aggressively to hold them accountable. At Hal Waldman & Associates, we get results, including multiple six-figure recoveries for injured bikers.
Free case evaluation for Pennsylvania motorcycle accident victims
Whether you've sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, contact the experienced Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyers at Hal Waldman & Associates for a free case evaluation. With no financial obligation on your part, a member of our team will listen to the accident details, address your questions, and explain your legal options to recover compensation.
Don't delay. We want to start investigating your accident before important evidence like video footage and witness recollections of the crash disappear. We are available to hear from you anytime, day or night. Contact us for your free case evaluation right now.