Personal Injury & Nursing Home Abuse
Pittsburgh and Western PA

Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims

Answers you can trust from experienced Pittsburgh attorneys

When your health is compromised, you may be confused and uncertain of what to do or what to think. That's why we're here to provide you with the support you need to navigate your personal injury claim with confidence.

Explore the information on this page to find answers to common questions about personal injury cases. Our goal is to provide you with knowledge to make informed decisions about your situation.

Remember, these answers are general information, not legal advice. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, we recommend talking to an experienced personal injury lawyer about your individual situation. Located in Pittsburgh and serving personal injury victims throughout Western Pennsylvania, Hal Waldman & Associates is dedicated to serving your best interests. We have the experience and resources to help you understand your legal options and aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.

How do I know if I have a personal injury case?

Wondering if you have a personal injury case? Not every accident automatically qualifies, but it's important not to assume that you don't have a valid claim. Generally speaking, to have a personal injury case, you need to have significant losses (damages) due to someone else’s careless or reckless behavior (negligence) that caused your injury. Speaking with an experienced attorney can clarify if you have a personal injury case and how much it may be worth.

Return to Top

Should I get medical attention after my accident?

After any personal injury accident, seeking medical attention right away is crucial – no matter what. Your health and safety could be seriously compromised if you don't see a doctor immediately.

Getting medical help not only prioritizes your well-being but also strengthens your potential personal injury claim. It demonstrates the severity of your pain and suffering and shows you're taking proactive steps.

Insurance companies also review your medical records. Seeking immediate medical care begins the process of documenting your injuries and treatment to support your future claim.

Return to Top

What should I do if the insurance company denies my claim?

If your insurance claim is denied, don't be discouraged. It can be frustrating, but know that a denied claim isn't the end of the road. Insurance companies might deny claims initially for various reasons, but this decision doesn't have to stand. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. They know the tactics insurers use and can fight back.

Return to Top

Can I file a personal injury lawsuit?

You are entitled to seek compensation if you've been hurt in an accident due to someone else's negligent action or inaction. In Pennsylvania, you can file a lawsuit against the responsible party to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more. To do this, you must show that the responsible party had a duty to act responsibly but failed, and their failure led to your harm and suffering. If these apply, you may have a case for a personal injury lawsuit.

Return to Top

Is there a deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania?

There is a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania. This legal time limit, known as the statute of limitations, varies by state. In Pennsylvania, you generally have a window of two years from the date of the injury to file the lawsuit. However, other deadlines can apply in some situations. Only an attorney can explain which time limits apply in your specific case.

Return to Top

How can a personal injury lawyer help?

If you’re seeking justice after an accident, getting an experienced personal injury attorney on your side is in your best interest. The team at Hal Waldman & Associates has decades of combined experience fighting and securing maximum compensation for injury victims in Western PA. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you navigate your path to recovery.

Return to Top

Free Consultation. Contact Us Today.

    Contact Us Click Here