Attorney Hal K. Waldman
Unparalleled experience in nursing home neglect and personal injury
With decades of experience practicing law, Hal has earned a reputation as a distinguished and highly respected attorney known for his unwavering advocacy for Pennsylvania’s injured. Attorney Waldman is admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and Ohio, along with the District Court of Western Pennsylvania and the United States Supreme Court.
Attorney Waldman has extensive experience handling diverse cases. His primary focus is nursing home and assisted living abuse and neglect cases. In addition to practicing law, he has owned nursing homes and assisted living centers, providing him with a unique perspective on nursing home abuse and neglect. He has even served as an expert witness in nursing home litigation.
An esteemed member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and American Bar Association, Mr. Waldman stands tall among legal professionals. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a select group recognizing attorneys who have secured settlements or verdicts exceeding one million dollars – a testament to his dedication to his clients.
In 2011, Attorney Waldman was recognized by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine as one of the Top 50 Lawyers in Pittsburgh. Since 2009, he has consistently been ranked among the top 5 percent of attorneys in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers. In 2017, Mr. Waldman was admitted to The Lawyers of Distinction, an honor only reserved for the top 10% of attorneys in the United States. The National Trial Lawyers recognize him in their list of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Along with his professional associations, Attorney Waldman is also actively involved in his community as a board member and leader in various community organizations.
Attorney Waldman graduated with his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University in 1977. At Georgetown, he was Editor of the Journal of International Relations.
Attorney Waldman is married and has three adult children.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers: 2010 – 2016, 2018 – 2023
- Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America
- Top 50 Super Lawyers in Pittsburgh: 2011 – Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- The Lawyers of Distinction: 2017
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lawdragon, Member
- UPMC St. Margaret, Board Member
- Oberlin College President’s Advisory Council
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctorate – 1977
- Law Journal: International Relations, Editor
- Oberlin College – 1974
- Honors: Highest Honors
- Major: History